Top Stories Business Travel
- Is Opal Ripping Off Sydney CBD Customers?
- Review: Virgin Australia's Deluxe 'The Business' Cabin
- Here's All of the Stuff You Can't Take Into Australia
- Australian Airport Strikes: The Dates You Need To Know
- Sydney Trains Just Killed Off Opal Card's Free Travel Hack
- Virgin's Frequent Flyer Points Are Changing: What You Need To Know
Working from the road has often meant compromise — underpowered gear, software that has been clunkily ported for mobile devices and forced downtime. But those days are largely behind us. Thanks to the cloud and ever-better hardware, you can achieve a lot with just a few select apps. Here are five to get you going.
Have you ever tapped off your Opal card and had a sneaking feeling that the fare was too high? If you regularly travel in Sydney’s CBD, your suspicions could be well-founded. An investigation by Opal calculator app developer Kenneth Tsang has unearthed a so-called “CBD Increment” surcharge which sees commuters slugged up to 82 cents more for every journey. Tch.
While corporate travel can be exciting, it can also be stressful. We live in a great time, where technology makes it easier to pack our nine-to-five workload into meetings and flights with almost no downtime. The key is to identify what technology and apps are available and make sure they suit your needs.
The NSW government has accepted the Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal (IPART)’s proposal to kill off free trips on Opal. From June 1, you’ll no longer receive free trips on public transport after completing eight journeys in one week. Instead, a 50% discount will be offered for each additional trip. Boo-urns.