Top Stories sync
- Note-Taking Styles Compared: Evernote Vs Plain Text Vs Pen And Paper
- Why I Ditched Photo Management Apps And Use Dropbox Instead
- Not Just Another Notes App: Why You Should Use Google Keep
- How To Ditch iTunes Forever And Keep Syncing Your iOS Devices
- How To Set Up Your Own Private Cloud Storage Service With OwnCloud
- Hack Your Life In One Day: A Beginner's Guide To Enhanced Productivity
Windows: If you want a simple note-taking app for Windows, you have plenty of options. But if you’ve used Notational Velocity on the Mac and miss its shortcuts and minimal design, Notation is here to help. It’s fast, free, feature-packed and syncs via SimpleNote.
Despite living in a wonderland of messaging apps, many of us still rely on boring old SMS, which is unfortunately tied to your phone. Pushbullet and EvolveSMS make it easy to text from your desktop.
Hi Lifehacker, I am about to visit a holiday home from friends and I will be using their 4G connection while I’m there. However, I have my Mac set up so it syncs with Dropbox and Google Drive. Is there an app out there which will let me switch on/off which apps I allow to use bandwidth so I don’t use their 4G data needlessly?
Mac: You’ll find lots of syncing notes apps out there, but we like the iOS version of Write because it manages to toe the line between simplicity and feature-packed. The new Mac app makes that experience even better.
1Password is one of our favourite password managers, and it can sync to all your devices via Dropbox. Once you sync your vault of passwords, 1Password actually lets you access them on any device without installing the app.
Hot on the heels of Google Drive’s massive storage price cuts , iDrive has announced competitive pricing for its online backup and syncing service. For roughly the same price as Google Drive, you get double the storage space, split between your backup sets and synced files — plus it’s half off today.