Brief video items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: Super Russian Roulette comes to Nintendo Entertainment System, Frank Herbert’s Dune explained badly, the worst CGI in movie history.
- The new and improved Hendo Hoverboard looks fun as hell. Watch it in action here.
- Frank Herbert’s Dune packs in thousands of years of history, interplanetary politics, religious cults, sex, drugs, war and really big worms. This video guide attempts to explain the weirdness in hilarious fashion.
- Super Russian Roulette is a new video game for the original Nintendo Entertainment System that uses the Duck Hunt Zapper light gun. See it in action here.
- For people with terrible aim: magnetic darts.
- The Android N developer preview is here, and Gizmodo Australia has hunted down a great video explaining what’s new in the upcoming software.
- Dangerous. Absurd. Utterly mental. These words perfectly describe YouTube mechanic Colin Furze and his latest piece of gadgetry — a home-made rocket launcher designed for fireworks.
- Here’s how people sent emails in 1984.
- Movie CG gets better every year and that’s bad news for the blockbusters of yesteryear which have a tendency to age really, really poorly. Here are 10 of the worst CGI moments in big budget movies.