Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: Bitcoin splits in two, AMD unveils new Radeon RX Vega graphics cards, NASA is hiring a "planetary protection officer".
- More official figures suggest cost of living pressures in Australia are not as bad as many people believe. [Business Insider]
- Here's how Blizzard saved the video game Diablo 3 from disaster. [Kotaku]
- NASA has a job opening for someone to defend Earth from aliens -- and it pays a six-figure salary. [Business Insider]
- Bitcoin power brokers were unable to come behind a single solution that would have preserved a unified cryptocurrency by Tuesday morning's deadline. As such, the digital currency has split in two: bitcoin and bitcoin cash.[Gizmodo]
- AMD has unveiled three new graphics cards: the Radeon RX Vega 56 (an air cooled GPU available for $US399) as well as air cooled and water cooled iterations of the Radeon RX Vega 64. [Kotaku]
- Microsoft's new Surface Pro is now available in Australia. Here's the Gizmodo review. [Gizmodo]