The clip above demonstrates this obvious but often overlooked trick. If you don’t want to watch the video, here are the steps:
- Just put your favourite coffee in an ice cube tray, freeze it and use the cubes for your ice coffee. That way it will not water down.
- That’s all!
Bonus trick: Here’s another way to make a great ice coffee. (To me, this is the perfect way to drink ice coffee in the summer or all year around.)
- Make (or order) a double or triple espresso.
- Add sugar and milk to taste while it’s hot, dissolve the sugar completely.
- Have a tumbler full of ice (plain ice is fine in this kind of ice coffee). This is the perfect glass to appreciate this to its full potential.
- Pour the hot coffee in the glass.
- Drink immediately, in a few sips.
After you feel the difference between hot and cold liquid simultaneously entering your mouth, you will never see ice coffee in the same way again. It is fine to use normal ice in this case because the ice will not have time to melt in any significant way.