Image via iStock
Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: The five creepiest disappearances of all time, Pokemon GO players request refunds over lack of tracking, why it's going to be an enormous week for the Australian dollar.
- The Australian dollar has opened the new trading week within touching distance of 76 US cents, leaving it at the highest level seen since July 18. Head to Business Insider for the report.
- The love affair is over. Pokemon GO players are requesting refunds from the game's makers over the broken tracking functionality. Kotaku investigates.
- People go missing all the time. Sometimes they want to disappear. Sometimes, it may be someone else that wants them to vanish. Then there are the cases where you can never really be sure what happened. Gizmodo counts down five of the weirdest disappearances of all time.
- Over the weekend, Tesla held the grand opening of its first Gigafactory for lithium ion battery packs. It's set to be the largest factory in the world. Gizmodo has the report.
- The evidence is mounting that the disappearance of MH370 was a deliberate act by the pilot. Business Insider has the story.
- Tesla's new gigafactory in Nevada is finally open. Gizmodo has the photos.