Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: Kotaku's most anticipated video games of 2016, nine viral photos that are totally fake, 36 cardio workouts to burn major calories at the gym.
- 2016 is shaping up to be an eclectic year for video games with surprise packages outnumbering tried-and-tested properties. Here are the games that Kotaku's Mark Serrel's is most looking forward to.
- Jeremy Burge is a 31-year-old Australian who accidentally built a huge empire by cataloguing all the world's emojis. Business Insider has the story.
- Gizmodo has compiled nine more images that you may have seen on the internet recently. None of them are what they appear to be at first glance.
- You can currently get free extra toppings in your Subway sub. Add Double Meat, Double Cheese, Bacon, Avo or Pineapple at no extra cost via Eat Fresh Club. The deal is valid at your chosen store for 12 hours after activation. [Via OzBargain]
- No matter how you like your cardio at the gym, POPSUGAR Health & Fitness got the answer. Here are 36 proven workouts that will stop you from plateauing.