Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: Hotline Miami 2 refused classification in Australia, world famous photos that are actually fake, the Signal Culture Cook Book.
- The struggle to obtain an R18+ rating for video games in Australia finally ended in 2013. However, it appears that the approval process is still harsher than other entertainment mediums. Today, the 2D action game Hotline Miami 2 was refused classification due to an implied rape scene. Kotaku has the details.
- Don’t believe everything you see on social media. Gizmodo has debunked 12 viral photos that aren’t quite what they claim to be: from Charles Manson “baby photos” to supposedly fatal magic tricks.
- Here’s a deal for well-endowed players: Grocery Run is selling 144 Ansell LifeStyles “Large Size” Condoms for $27.95. That’s less than 20 cents per condom. Bargain! [Via OzBargain]
- In related news, a Wall Street intern recently posted nude selfies of herself in the bank’s bathroom, before quitting her job to pursue career in porn. As you do. Business Insider has the story.
- The Signal Culture Cook Book is a 128-page ebook where artists, technologists, and other specialists explain how to complete fairly complex projects in clear and concise language. Download it here.