You wanted McDonald's Loaded Fries, Christmas and tips for gift guides and baby hold hacks. Kick off your Monday by checking out the ten most popular posts from Lifehacker Australia last week:
- Most Popular DIY Projects Of 2015
We’re always looking for the best DIY tips at Lifehacker, and this year there was certainly no shortage of them. Here are some of the best DIY tips for when you want to tackle projects all on your own.
- 12 Kris Kringle/Secret Santa Gift Ideas
It’s nearly “Secret Santa” time again in offices and workplaces around the country. If you’re stumped for ideas, this guide should be able to help: it includes gifts for an assortment of co-worker types, with prices ranging from $7 to $50.
- Six Christmas Gift Ideas For Techy Friends
If you’re a regular Lifehacker reader, there’s a strong chance that you and many of your friends are on the “techy” side. With that in mind, here are six gift ideas that programmers and technology addicts will love tinkering with on Christmas morning.
- The Ultimate Geek Gift Guide For Christmas (2015)
Self-described “geeks” are simultaneously the toughest and easiest people to buy for at Christmas. While there’s no shortage of geeky paraphernalia to choose from, separating the Whedon wheat from the Cthulhu chaff is easier said than done. Our extensive gift guide is here to help: within, you will find an assortment of toys, books, video games and apparel that will make that special geek in your life wet their bed in glee. It’s all here: from Star Wars towel sets to Game Of Thrones Monopoly boards with links to buy.
- Takeaway Truth: McDonald's Bacon And Cheese Sauce Loaded Fries
Takeaway Truth is an occasional Lifehacker feature where we compare marketing images against what you actually get served. Today: McDonald’s Bacon And Cheese Sauce Loaded Fries. (Plus taste test!)
- The Best LEGO Sets To Get This Christmas
For more than 50 years, LEGO sets have been a fail-safe gift for Christmas. They’re fun, creative, colourful and educational — what’s not to love? With that in mind, here are some of the hottest sets available right now for every budget. Whether you’re buying for kids, brick hobbyists or fans of a certain movie franchise, you’ll find something for them in this guide.
- <a style="font-weight:bold" href="http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2015/12/microsoft-surface-book-review-a-premium-quality-laptop-for-a-premium-price/"Microsoft Surface Book Review: A High-End Laptop For Cashed Up Road Warriors
There has been a great deal of fanfare surrounding Microsoft’s first ever laptop, the Surface Book. It’s a risky move for Microsoft to enter the ultra-competitive notebook market, especially since it will be competing directly with its hardware partners, but the Surface Book does boast some impressive specs. We take a look at how useful the new laptop contender is for work and a bit of play.
- 'Renting Is Throwing Money Away' Is Completely False
You might have heard the old adage “renting is throwing money away.” It seems like common sense. You don’t buy anything when you rent, but you keep to keep the house you buy. However, nothing could be further from the truth.
- We Tested The Magic Baby Hold, And It (Mostly) Works “Calm your baby in seconds,” says one headline. “Stop it crying EVERY time,” reads another. Is it really as easy as Dr Robert Hamilton makes it look? I grabbed the nearest infant to put “The Hold” to the test.
- Bring Sex Back Into Your Relationship With Sensate Focusing It’s not a very sexy thing to talk about, but sex ruts happen. Maybe something awkward happened to put you and your partner off of sex. Maybe you just got too comfortable with not doing it. Whatever the reason, this video (which is mildly NSFW, by the way) tells you how to get out of a rut with the Sensate Method.