The latest updates and additions for Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
Cloud picture from Shutterstock
- If your every waking hour is spent using Azure’s API management features, you’re a potential buyer for the newly-announced Azure API Management Premium Tier. It claims five times the performance of the current version and the ability to work across multiple regions.
- Azure now has new guidelines for setting up hybrid cloud test environments, covering general environments, web-based line of business apps, SharePoint intranet farms and Office 365 directory synchronisation. That’s your Monday sorted then. Check out the guides here.
- Elsewhere in Azure-land, there’s a beta test running which allows you to customise search results based on individual behaviours — so you could, for example, show the brands which an existing user purchases most often at the top of a search page. If that sounds helpful, check out more details here.
- Ruby fans rejoice! Version 2 of the AWS Ruby software development kit (SDK) is now on general release. Gimme all your flexible Gem dependencies already.
- Not sure if your root account has AWS access keys? There’s now a neat (if fiddly) way to work that out (and rectify it) via the AWS command line. Check out the details here.
Cloud Patches rounds up new features and services added to major cloud computing platforms each week..