We've highlighted a few of joergermeister's desktops before, but this one has "get in the party bus and hit the road" written all over its flat, minimal look. Here's how he set it up, and what you'll need to set it up yourself.
We love the look of the whole thing — borderless, flat shapes, and customised Explorer windows and Start Menu add to the charm. It's not for everyone, but if you like the way it looks, here's what you'll need:
- The VW Bus wallpaper by William Cunningham
- The Rainmeter system tweaking and monitoring tool for Windows
- The Google Now skin for Rainmeter for the clock and the weather display
- The FCOAR 2014 icon pack for taskbar and visual style icons
- The Hush Visual Style for Windows 8.1 to overhaul the look of the Explorer windows
- Start Menu Reviver for the custom Start menu
That's the bulk of the project. It all fits together well, and while it's certainly not going to be everyone's taste, it's original and interesting in a way you won't get with Windows 8.1 right out of the box. If you like what you see, or are missing details, head over to joergermeister's Flickr page (linked below) and ask your questions! Let him know we sent you.
Pimp My Desktop [Flickr]