If you combine a little Ubuntu with a little Google Now, you get reader Chris Klepka's desktop. It's fun, functional, and best of all, it's easy to set up. Here's how to make it work.
- The Google Now Wallpaper Pack from DeviantArt (via OMG! Chrome!)
- The zonColor Theme Pack for Ubuntu (via OMG! Ubuntu!)
- The Unity Tweak Tool from the Ubuntu Software Center (Ubuntu users can click this link to go there).
- The MyUnity configuration tool to tweak the Unity launcher
- The Google Keep Chrome Extension and this hack from OMG! Ubuntu! to add Keep, Calendar, Docs, and other Google webapps to Unity Launcher as stand-alone apps
- Conky, a lightweight system monitor for Linux systems
- The Google Now Conky Theme from DeviantArt
Obviously Chris is running Ubuntu and some of these tweaks are specific to Unity, but many of these tweaks could be applied to any flavour or distro, especially the wallpapers and the Google Now-themed Conky widget on the desktop.
Goo-buntu Desktop [Chris Klepka]