Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers including: Get a 500GB PS3 for $198, NBN Co to offer 1-gigabit broadband speeds by December, Officeworks selling the HKC 7-inch Tablet for $129.
- Telstra has announced it will donate $1 to the charity Legacy for every text message of support sent to Australian Navy, Army and Air Force personnel in the lead up to Anzac Day. "Whether it be protecting our borders, assisting in disaster recovery or service abroad, these messages will reassure our people that Australia is behind what they are doing and appreciate their work,” said Chief of Defence, General David Hurley.
- Officeworks is currently selling the HKC 7-inch Tablet for $129. The unit comes with a 1GHz processor, 1GB RAM and 8GB of inbuilt flash memory running on Android 4.0. While we can't vouch to its quality personally, online reviews seem to be pretty positive -- at the very least it will make a good secondary device for web browsing and the like.
- NBN Co will offer 1-Gigabit broadband speeds by December, the organisation announced today. Telcos and ISPs would be able to order the 1000Mbps products from December with wholesale prices peaking at $150 per month. You can find our more at our sister site Gizmodo.
- Telstra has just announced a new Foxtel deal: "From 9 April to 30 June this year, new customers who connect to the Foxtel from Telstra 'Essentials package' ($47 per month) and PLUS Sports package ($25 per month) for 12 months will receive a $0 iQ set top device and the standard metro installation free of charge (minimum cost: $864 over 12 months ($72/month)." The telco is also giving away goodies to its WA customers. Click here for more information.
- For a limited time, Target is selling the 500GB PlayStation 3 video console with FIFA '13 for $198. Apparently, stock is extremely limited so you might want to ring up your local store and check prior to heading down. [Via OzBargain]