Windows (On a Mac): If you're running Windows on your killer Mac hardware, then you've probably noticed that the trackpad isn't quite as smooth and feature-filled as it is in OS X. Trackpad++ Brings more gestures, better scrolling, and lots more to Mac trackpads in Windows 7.
Trackpad++ brings a number of improvements to the table, including:
- Customizable three- and four-finger gestures, including the defaults from OS X: 3-finger swipes for back/forward and zoom in/out, 3-finger tap for a middle mouse click, and 4-finger swipes for switching between windows and showing/hiding all windows.
- Inverted scrolling, like in Mac OS X Lion
- Momentum-based scrolling, like in Mac OS X Lion and on iOS
- Better controls for fine-tuning your pointer speed
- An option to ignore trackpad presses when typing to avoid accidental clicks and drags
If you use Windows on a Mac, this driver can be very handy. I've noticed a few small quirks here and there, but the more I play with the settings, the more I can get it working the way I want. You may just have to futz with it for a bit.
Trackpad++ is a free download for Windows 7, though it only works on unibody MacBook Pros and MacBook Airs — do not try it on an older MacBook or MacBook Pro.