- Windows 10 Technical Preview Gets Its First Major Update
- Four Ways To Use Your Dark Side For Good (And Fight Evil In Others)
- Sneaky Ways To Save Money With Transport Smart Cards
- How To Cover Your Tracks When Snooping On Someone's Phone Or Computer
- Top 10 Ways To Be A Horrible Person On Social Media
- What Will Happen With Windows Server In 2015?
Android/Windows/Mac: Open Garden is both a Wi-Fi tethering app and a mesh network. Install it on your Android phone and you can use your mobile data wirelessly on your Windows or Mac laptop, as well as Android tablets. Not only that — you can piggyback on other people’s mobile connections.
Unlike iOS, there are plenty of tethering options for Android, and most of them work well, depending on what you’re trying to do and the type of user you are. Some are wired, some are wireless, some require root, others don’t. We found that for most people not using built-in functions, PdaNet is the best tethering option because it’s reliable, accessible, easy to install and use, and easy to troubleshoot.
Apple’s iOS 5 is currently jailbreakable, but only with a tethered jailbreak. That means if your phone ever crashes, or if you have to reboot it for any reason, you need to have it connected to a Mac or PC. That sucks! If someone ever wants to murder you they’d just reboot your phone and you’d have no way to call the cops. But ho! SemiTether solves this problem.