- Will Rural Subsidies Make The NBN Affordable?
- Your TV's Advanced Picture Settings, Explained
- How To Save Money When Travelling To Any Destination
- How Your Fitness Band Can Help You Lose Weight
- How To Stay Focused And Engaged In Long Meetings
- Charge Your Phone In Half The Time: Quick Chargers Explained
Android/Windows/Mac: Open Garden is both a Wi-Fi tethering app and a mesh network. Install it on your Android phone and you can use your mobile data wirelessly on your Windows or Mac laptop, as well as Android tablets. Not only that — you can piggyback on other people’s mobile connections.
Unlike iOS, there are plenty of tethering options for Android, and most of them work well, depending on what you’re trying to do and the type of user you are. Some are wired, some are wireless, some require root, others don’t. We found that for most people not using built-in functions, PdaNet is the best tethering option because it’s reliable, accessible, easy to install and use, and easy to troubleshoot.
Apple’s iOS 5 is currently jailbreakable, but only with a tethered jailbreak. That means if your phone ever crashes, or if you have to reboot it for any reason, you need to have it connected to a Mac or PC. That sucks! If someone ever wants to murder you they’d just reboot your phone and you’d have no way to call the cops. But ho! SemiTether solves this problem.