- Happy SysAdmin Day! Time To Place Your Pizza Orders
- Create A Chain Reaction Of Good Habits With The Domino Effect
- Why Every Business Needs A 'No Arseholes' Policy
- How To Gracefully Recover From A Major Mistake At Work
- How To Choose The Right Glasses For Your Face Shape [Infographic]
- Is Lightning Broadband's 100 Mbps Internet Too Good To Be True?
Android/Windows/Mac: Open Garden is both a Wi-Fi tethering app and a mesh network. Install it on your Android phone and you can use your mobile data wirelessly on your Windows or Mac laptop, as well as Android tablets. Not only that — you can piggyback on other people’s mobile connections.
Unlike iOS, there are plenty of tethering options for Android, and most of them work well, depending on what you’re trying to do and the type of user you are. Some are wired, some are wireless, some require root, others don’t. We found that for most people not using built-in functions, PdaNet is the best tethering option because it’s reliable, accessible, easy to install and use, and easy to troubleshoot.