Top Stories public speaking
- How I Got Over Being Shy And Embraced Talking To People I Don't Know
- How To Calm Your Nerves Before Making A Terrifying Speech
- Craft A Better Presentation With Zombie Apocalypse Principles
- Greet Your Audience At The Door Before You Start Your Next Speech
- Going From 'Suck To Non-Suck' As A Public Speaker
- Public Speaking For Normal People
Many of us rush through speeches because public speaking makes us nervous. You need to speak slowly for a good speech. To get that right, talk at the pace you would when telling someone a phone number.
Even people who are unafraid of public speaking get uncomfortable when asked to talk off-the-cuff. In the few minutes before you have to go up on stage, think of the main line you want to say and lead with it.