Top Stories public speaking
- How To Stop Being Afraid Of Your Own Digital Voice
- The Best Productivity Tricks Used By Evil Dictators
- How I Got Over Being Shy And Embraced Talking To People I Don't Know
- How To Calm Your Nerves Before Making A Terrifying Speech
- Craft A Better Presentation With Zombie Apocalypse Principles
- Greet Your Audience At The Door Before You Start Your Next Speech
There are a lot of great ways to calm your nerves before you step into the spotlight, but it might also help to refashion what you’re feeling instead of trying to suppress it.
Using “like” a lot in sentences is moderately acceptable in social situations (even though you might end up sounding like a bratty teenager) but it can kill your credibility in a workplace. If you want to ditch your love of “like” to appear more professional at work, read on for some practice advice on how to do so.