Top Stories Money
- Aussie Rent Is Increasing Twice As Fast As Wages
- How To Flog That Weird Stuff You Inherited
- How To Stop Fighting About Money With Your Significant Other
- Why New Credit Reporting Rules Mean Bill Payments Matter More
- How Supermarkets Make Us Spend More
- How To Create A More Effective Debt Pay-Down Plan
Only a few years ago jokes about home brand products were quite common. Having a blue and white or red and white dinner meant enjoying generic brand fare that night around the table. But the recent intensification of the supermarket wars has seen the introduction of more sophisticated and aggressive branding strategies by Coles and Woolworths.
Web/Android/iOS: My Job Chart takes the idea of teaching kids the value of money with a job board, digitises it, and imparts the concepts of sharing and saving. It’s free and cross-platform for added convenience.
Smartphones can potentially replace lots of the scraps of paper we carry in our wallets. Apple’s Passbook app could potentially reduce the amount of clutter we carry even more by holding information about loyalty programs, discount vouchers, boarding passes, event tickets and other bits and pieces. But has it worked?