Top Stories Money
- Ratehacker: July's Best Credit Card, Savings Account And Home Loan Deals
- The Stuff That Costs More When You're Poor
- Ratehacker: June's Best Credit Card And Home Loan Deals
- Trov App Provides One-Swipe Insurance For All Your Electronics
- The Cognitive Biases That Lead To Bad Money Decisions
- Hump Day Deals: 40% Off Domino's, Cheap Wine, $1 Capcom Games
Money experts don’t agree on the particulars of emergency funds, but just about everyone agrees you should save for emergencies. Nobel Prize winner and “father of modern portfolio theory” Harry Markowitz offers his rule of thumb for setting aside cash for emergencies.
It’s pretty easy to get started investing. Once you dig into it, though, a lot of questions come up that complicate the process. You might have come across the phrase alternative investments, and if you’re new to investing, you probably have no idea what it means. Here’s a quick breakdown for the average personal investor.
This Friday is apparently National Chicken Wing Day, which we’ve never heard of. To celebrate, Munich Brauhaus and Bavarian Bier Cafe are selling 10 cent chicken wings in Sydney, Melbourne and Queensland. That’s 10 chicken wings for a buck. Or 50 chicken wings for $5. Or… actually, you should probably stop at 50. Here are the details.