It’s winter, which makes it the perfect time to curl up with a book. Pick a book for by the fire, heater, or bundled up in bed with this collection of 20 reading lists from major publications, compiled by Metafilter user Fizz.
We found even more reading lists:
- Brooklyn Public Library: BKLYN Summer Reading 2018 Adults, High School, and lists for kids of every age
- Powell’s Books: Picks of the Month June 2018
- BookBub: The Ultimate Summer 2018 Reading List
- Goodreads: The Hottest Books of Summer
- UC Berkeley: Fiat Lux: “Let there be light”: 2018 Summer Reading List
- Association for Library Service to Children: 2018 ALSC Summer Reading Lists
- BuzzFeed: beach reads, “feel-good books”, paperback, young adult
- Publishers Weekly: Staff Picks and Children’s Picks
They’re listed as summer reading lists since the US is in the middle of a blazing heat, but a good book is a good book in any season.
We asked writer Maris Kreizman, co-author of Vulture’s reading list (and previously editorial director of Book of the Month Club), what makes a summer read different from any other good read.
“Absolutely nothing aside from the publication date,” she says.
Of course, as with movies, publishers often schedule books for an appropriate time of the year. Personally, our favourite reads for this time of the year are escapist, funny, and — for tote bag friendliness — always paperback.