In our new series “Point Taken”, staff writers Patrick Austin and Nick Douglas debate life hacks, etiquette and best practices. In this inaugural episode, we discuss the value of “skimming” prestige TV. Are you packing in more entertainment, or robbing art of its value? Nick thinks it’s fine to skim a show now and then. Patrick thinks it’s a sin. Watch us face off.
Discussed in this episode:
- Are some TV episodes skippable?
- Do you need to watch a show the way its creators intended?
- Can you skip the parts before a show “gets good”?
- Do you really have to watch the first season of The Leftovers?
- Is it better to watch a couple of episodes of something than none at all?
- Can you lie to your co-workers about watching a show?
- How much of the Mona Lisa do you really need to see?