This week we talked about personal hygiene with professional clean person Jolie Kerr. Jolie's been a cleaning expert for Esquire, Deadspin and The Hairpin, and she's the author of the New York Times bestselling book, My Boyfriend Barfed in My Handbag... and Other Things You Can't Ask Martha. In this episode, Jolie answers questions from our audience on how to handle stinky feet, weird breath, and the other embarrassing issues we all deal with (but don't want to admit to).
Listen to The Upgrade above or find us in all the usual places where podcasts are served, including Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, iHeartRadio, Stitcher and NPR One. Please subscribe, rate and review!
What We Talked About
- Why we're all secretly terrified that we smell
- How to make sure you don't smell
- Where you should never put Gold Bond powder
- The proper use and care of washcloths
- Why dry cleaning takes care of stains but not odours
- How to care for (and keep stink-free) the shoes you wear without socks
- The reason it takes you too long to dry off after a shower
- Why you shouldn't use chlorine bleach on your white clothes
- How to handle vaginal discharge
Our Upgrades of the Week
Every week we like to let you in on the upgrades we've made in our own lives. This week we talked about managing jaw aches, an easy way to make your bathroom feel more like a spa, and the joys of an extra-extra-firm mattress.