This year’s Mobile World Congress has gone retro: Nokia has announced it will be bringing back the classic 3310 handset and, with it, the classic mobile game Snake.
Even if you don’t get the new Nokia 3310, you can still play the game on your current smartphone or on your computer through Facebook Messenger. Read on for the instructions.
In December, Facebook rolled out a games feature for its Facebook Messenger app. There are a bunch of retro games available and now Snake is on the list.
How to play Snake on Facebook Messenger
On mobile devices:
- Launch the Messenger app. Make sure it’s the latest version.
- Open or start a new conversation. The game controller icon may be hidden on some devices. You can find it when you tap the ‘more’ icon (the one with the ellipsis) above the text field.
- Tap on the game controller icon and select the game you want to play. Snake is now on the list so select it and start playing.
The one thing you need to be mindful of is that you’ll have to challenge a friend to beat your high score in order for the game to launch. Pick someone who won’t mind being spammed on Messenger.
- Log into your Facebook account in a browser.
- Open or start a conversation in Messenger.
- You’ll see a game controller icon above the text field. Click on it to see the list of game. Select on of the games to launch them.
Snake is on the list now and all you have to do is select it to start playing it directly in the browser. As with the mobile version of Messenger, you will need to challenge a friend to beat your high score in order to play the game.
Nokia has announced it will be resurrecting the iconic 3310 mobile phone that thousands of Aussies dropped without breaking. It promises a whopping four weeks of battery life and represents a refreshing antidote to feature-packed, gimmicky smartphones - but will it ever make it to Australia? Here's what you need to know.Read more