If you're building any type of mobile Raspberry Pi project, you know that power management can be a bit of a chore. Pi Power is a GitHub project that simplifies the whole process by adding a set of instructions to control battery power with a variety of button presses. As you'd expect, the whole thing requires a bunch of buttons and cables, but here's how it works:
- To power it up from a cold state, press a button for a few seconds
- To power it off, press the same button for a few seconds
- Indicate how much power remains in the battery
- Provide an alert when that is running really low
- Shut down safely without any data corruption if the battery does run out
- To recharge the battery, just plug in a cable from a USB charger
If you're working on any type of mobile Pi project, this is a pretty solid solution to the power management problem. Head over to GitHub for the full details.