Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: The mystery of The Young Ones' fifth housemate explained, the 25 companies Australians most want to work for, why the Japanese stopped committing seppuku/ritual suicide.
- The Young Ones was a groundbreaking British sitcom that aired for just two seasons between 1982 and 1983. It was about the adventures of four manic college students – Rick, Mike, Neil and Vyvyan – in a dilapidated house. What most people didn't realise was that there was a fifth, creepy housemate lurking in the shadows.
- Game Of Thrones is nearly finished for another year. Here's Gizmodo's in-depth recap to last night's episode.
- Why did Japanese people stop performing seppuku (AKA ritual suicide)? Gizmodo investigates.
- Here are the 25 companies Australians most want to work for, courtesy of Business Insider.
- Australia's sexiest cosplay competition is coming to Melbourne. Kotaku has the details.