A productive day starts with a great morning, and you can't have a great morning if you didn't get any rest the night before. This simple five-part formula will help you get to bed earlier, sleep better and wake up feeling rested.
If you want a simple approach to sleeping better and taking control of your mornings, Fitness coach Craig Ballantyne at the Early To Rise blog recommends you follow the "10-3-2-1-0" formula:
- 10 hours before bed: No more caffeine
- 3 hours before bed: No more food or alcohol
- 2 hours before bed: No more work
- 1 hour before bed: No more screen time
- 0: The number of times you hit the snooze button in the morning
If you wake up on time and rested, you won't feel like you have to play catch up all day. When you dominate your mornings, you won't have to deal with anxiety and stress in the afternoon. There are plenty of things you can do to get better sleep each night, but this formula encapsulates some of the more important, science-backed aspects and makes it all easy to remember.