Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: 32 tricks you can do with Wolfram Alpha, how KFC makes its fried chicken, Spotify’s Halloween party list.
- Catch Of The Day is throwing a birthday bash sale fronted by cheap PC games, including Skyrum for $2.99.
- Jb Hi-Fi has managed to claw back some lost sales growth, and apparently video games were a big help.
- Microsoft and Sony have produced top-flight consoles for this new generation of gaming, but there are some key differences that might help you decide to buy one over the other. This Gizmodo video has the answers.
- Marvel Studios has released a new clip for The Avengers: Age Of Ultron. Watch it here.
- Ever wondered how KFC actually makes its fried chicken from beginning to end? We’re currently finalising a tour to show you just that. In the meantime, here’s how the US do it.
- In celebration of Halloween, Spotify has analysed 60,000 Halloween-based playlists to find the 10 most popular scary/supernatural-themed songs. No guesses for figuring out which song came out on top.
- Wolfram Alpha isn’t a search engine, or an encyclopedia or a calculator. It’s a little bit of all of that. Here are some of the coolest things you can do with it, courtesy of Business Insider.