Whether you’re calculating a tip or just in need of some fast maths, percentages can be something even experts mess up. This video from YouTube channel MindYourDecisions shows you the easiest way to find those numbers in your head.
It’s actually pretty simple when you break it down this way You probably know the easy ways to find 10% or 50%, and finding the others is just a matter of iterating. For example:
- To find 5%, find 10% and divide it in two.
- To find 15%, find 10%, then add 5%.
- To find 20%, find 10% and double it.
- To find 25%, find 50% and then halve it.
- To find 60%, find 50% and add 10%.
- To find 75%, find 50% and add 25%.
- …and so on.
Just by knowing the easy percentages, you can add and find almost any percentage. So ditch your calculator, and go forth and split numbers with confidence.
Calculate Percentages In Your Head [YouTube]