Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers including: best foods to eat when sick, directly apply for jobs on your mobile using LinkedIn, hands on with the LG G2 smartphone.
- Quickflix has launched a new app for Nokia Windows 8 devices. The app allows Quickflix subscribers to stream a on-demand movies and TV shows to their handsets and is also compatible with Nokia’s ‘Kid’s Corner’ security tool. Quickflix streaming service starts at $14.99 per month. Click here to download the app.
- LinkedIn members can now directly apply for jobs on their mobile devices. "LinkedIn is introducing the ability to apply for jobs without a resume attachment from mobile – members can now apply for jobs using their LinkedIn profiles," the company explained. "The ability to apply for jobs on mobile will roll out globally from today to English speaking members. Members who wish to trial it will need to upgrade their LinkedIn app to the latest iOS and Android versions." Pay a visit to the official LinkedIn blog for more information.
- In other job seeking news, Amazon is currently selling the eBook Pro Resumes Made Easy for free. "Everything you need to do in order to turn your resume into a job interview magnet is in my e-book," the author claims. Well, it's free so what have you got to lose? [Via OzBargain]
- Vodafone has expanded its network coverage across regional Australia by 40 percent by switching on more than 1,200 new network sites, it was announced this week. “[We've] added half a million square kilometres to our mobile coverage areas in regional Australia, with more than 1,200 new regional network sites,” Vodafone Technology Chief Benoit Hanssen said. "Our new coverage runs along major highway systems and into towns and places that haven’t previously had coverage." To see a map of the new coverage areas, click here.
- Gizmodo has got its hands on LG's latest flagship smartphone, the G2. Dubbed a "wonderphone", the LG G2 comes with a 2.26GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB of RAM, a 5.2-inch 1080×1920 IPS display and dual-band LTE. Click here to read Gizmodo's first impressions.
- It's definitely Dreaded Lurgy season at the moment. If you've been struck down with the winter flu like me, this recovery food guide courtesy of PopSugar Health & Fitness may be your salvation.