Lifehacker reader lysdexic shares a home screen designed for quick access to everything he needs, overlaid atop a picturesque metropolis. Lysdexic shows us how it all comes together.
I’m busy and I want all the info I need right up front, and I want everything to be two taps away, the folders help. I’ve used a lot of ideas that I’ve seen here, I especially like text widgets. Thank you Lifehacker for saving me from “Sense” and all those glossy/plasticy widgets.
What I use:
- LauncherPro. What I really like about Launcher Pro is the ability to have three docks. All of my primary apps are kept on the docks, and all secondary apps are in folders. Everything else I keep in the app drawer, which is barely needed.
- Minimalistic Text for the date, weather and battery widgets. Lots of options here.
- SiMi Folder Widget for the folders. It’s not perfect, but it’s better than the stock way of creating folders.
- Widget Locker for my lock screen. I love that I can put music controls on the lock screen, makes it really easy to skip a track or pause the music without having to unlock and swipe over.
- UberMusic for my music widget. I wish Google music had better widgets…
- Pure Grid Calendar for the calendar on the right screen.
- This wallpaper. I just did a search one night after seeing some excellent tilt shift photos on this site, found this one and stuck with it.