Top Stories Security
- How To Protect Yourself Against Cyberattack: Four Safety Essentials
- Firefox, Chrome Now Consider Kickass Torrents An Unsafe Website
- Choice Shonky Awards: The Worst Australian Products Of 2015
- How To Skip The Line And Manually Update Your Nexus Device
- How To Block All The Companies Tracking You On Facebook
- What Windows 10's 'Privacy Nightmare' Settings Actually Do
Mac: If you’ve been using OS X El Capitan for a while, you might have noticed that the old option to “Secure Empty Trash” is gone from the trash can’s right-click menu. There’s a pretty good reason why, but it’s still possible to do it you don’t mind digging into the command line.
Security researchers recently revealed that a certificate with security vulnerabilities has been shipping pre-installed on some Dell laptops. Here’s what you need to know about this Superfish-like vulnerability, and how you can check to see if your Dell laptop is affected.
The “KeySweeper” is a tiny, Arduino-powered wireless sniffer that captures data sent by your wireless keyboard to its receiver. That’s right — it’s a keylogger, and it doesn’t have to be plugged into your computer to work.
A hotel room safe is designed to keep valuables like your passport or cash locked away while you’re travelling. But as it turns out, most hotel room safes are relatively easy to break into, so you might want to think twice about where you stash your most valuable items.
We’ve shown you a calculator that can help you crack a master combination lock before, but this device will do all the work for you in under 30 seconds.
Worried someone might intrude on your evil lair? This DIY sonic tripware alarm is easy to build, decently loud, and is perfect for simple hide-and-seek games or establishing a perimeter around whatever you’d like to keep safe.