Top Stories saving money
- Can You Save Money On Petrol By Half-Filling Your Fuel Tank?
- Why Petrol Prices Take So Long To Drop
- Top 10 Better Money Habits You Can Build This Year
- Ratehacker: January's Best Credit Card, Bank And Home Loan Deals
- Why The Woolworths Petrol 14 Cents Off Deal Isn't A Great Money Saver
- Roll Your Windows Down Instead Of Using The AC To Save Fuel
Uber’s low-cost car hiring service UberX is one of cheapest ways to get around the country’s major CBDs — but how much do you actually save compared to a regular taxi? Personal finances tracker Pocketbook has released a new, in-depth study that provides some interesting answers. According to its figures, the average spend per Uber journey has dropped significantly since 2014 and continues to fall over time. Taxi fares, meanwhile, remain unchanged. No wonder they want to ban the service.