Top Stories saving money
- The Masters 'Fire Sale' Is A Bit Of A Bust
- The Ten Most Exciting Cars You Can Buy In Australia For $10,000
- Hump Day Deals: Cheap No Man's Sky, Free Amiga Games, 40% Off Pizza
- Ratehacker: July's Best Credit Card, Savings Account And Home Loan Deals
- The Stuff That Costs More When You're Poor
- Ratehacker: June's Best Credit Card And Home Loan Deals
Hump day (AKA Wednesday) is arguably the most boring day of the week. So why not liven things up by grabbing one of these nifty online bargains? Deals that caught our eye this week include: Get 50% off in-ear headphones at JB Hi-Fi, eBay’s latest 20%-off technology deals, get $60 off Samsung’s virtual reality headset.
Open Hotel Alert makes sure you get a spot in your preferred hotel on your next holiday, convention or other trip — even if it’s sold out when you try to book. Just tell it where you’d like to stay and when, and if the hotel is sold out now, it will text or email you when something opens up.
There are many different ways to estimate how much money you’ll need to retire, but many so-called “rules” are based on your income. If you want a more accurate picture of your retirement needs, calculate based on your spending.
It’s hard to feel in control when your financial situation sucks, but control is absolutely crucial in getting your finances in order. Especially when you feel defeated, it’s important to build an internal locus of control — a belief that your actions can affect your destiny. Here’s how to work on it.