Top Stories hosting
- Why Forced Web Shutdowns Are A Good Argument For Cloud
- HP Moonshot And The Future Of Servers
- Planhacker: Australian Minecraft Server Hosting
- Is Cloud Hosting In Australia A Legal Necessity?
- Ignore The SEO Snake Oil And Build A Site People Find Useful
- How To Jump Ship From GoDaddy To A Better Web Host And Registrar
Gerry Harvey’s name is in danger of becoming synonymous with anti-internet ravings, but Harvey Norman does have an online retail presence in the form of its Harvey Norman Big Buys daily deal and general retail site. That operation provides some useful lessons for anyone thinking of moving into online selling.
Everyone and their dog has an opinion on how to perform “search-engine optimisation” (SEO) and make your online business more visible in major search engines; how do you distinguish the potentially useful tactics from the snake oil salesmen? The simple answer: put your energy into building a quality site rather than worrying about the search impact of what you have done.
Regardless of your feelings about GoDaddy’s moral standing, its service is frustrating and restrictive. If you’re sick of paying for crappy hosting and want to jump ship, here’s how to leave GoDaddy behind for one of many better web hosts on the net.
Having an online presence is essential for a business these days, but setting one up and maintaining it can seem both time-consuming and expensive. Here’s five simple strategies you can use to enhance your online business presence for little or no cost, whether you’re a part-time start-up or a rapidly growing organisation.