Top Stories food hacks
- Five Useful Cooking Techniques No One Teaches You
- Cook A Perfect Hamburger Or Hot Dog With These Expert Tips
- 27 Egg Cooking Tricks That Will Transform Your Mornings
- The Gamer's Guide To Healthy, One-Handed Snacking
- The Complete Guide To Eating Sloppy Foods, Mess-Free
- Top 10 Food Staples You Can Make Better And Cheaper At Home
When America’s Test Kitchen set out to perfect their grilled chicken kebab recipe, they stumbled on an ingredient that added just the right salt and smoke, depth of flavour, and fat to keep the meat pleasantly juicy: Bacon paste. It worked for kebabs, but we’re willing to bet it will work for any grilled chicken.
Most of us learn to cook through trial and error, cooking shows, or being forced to feed ourselves when no one else will do it. So naturally, no one’s born knowing how to sauté chicken, or blanch vegetables. Here are some basic (but useful) cooking techniques chefs use every day, but the rest of us rarely pick up.
If you’d like to sip a smooth latte, but don’t want any dairy or dairy alternatives, just add a little xanthan gum.