Top Stories food hacks
- Keep Your Strawberries Fresh Longer With These Three Simple Rules
- Five Useful Cooking Techniques No One Teaches You
- Cook A Perfect Hamburger Or Hot Dog With These Expert Tips
- 27 Egg Cooking Tricks That Will Transform Your Mornings
- The Gamer's Guide To Healthy, One-Handed Snacking
- The Complete Guide To Eating Sloppy Foods, Mess-Free
If you’re interested in not just how to make food taste great but why certain techniques and ingredients work the way they do, check out Jeff Potter’s Cooking for Geeks. The book can help you start experimenting in the kitchen and delve into the science of food to become a better home cook.
A roasting rack is essential for cooking turkeys, roasts and other large cuts of meat all the way through. If you don’t have one in your kitchen’s arsenal, you can throw one together with some stove grates and aluminium foil.
Time to dust off your neglected waffle maker — or go buy one. Pizza waffles are a convenient way to indulge your homemade pizza cravings in about 10 minutes.
We love the slow cooker, but sometimes the pot can be ridiculously large compared to the amount of food you want to cook — and cooking fewer servings could throw the timing off. So here’s a workaround.