Top Stories food hacks
- 27 Egg Cooking Tricks That Will Transform Your Mornings
- The Gamer's Guide To Healthy, One-Handed Snacking
- The Complete Guide To Eating Sloppy Foods, Mess-Free
- Top 10 Food Staples You Can Make Better And Cheaper At Home
- Why Eggs Are Such A Hackable Food (But Difficult To Get Right)
- Most Popular Food Posts Of 2014
Amassing a fragrant graveyard of strawberry stems is an inevitable part of eating strawberries. You can cut or hull as carefully as you like, but there’s almost always going to be a bit of strawberry flesh hanging on to the green. Don’t toss those tops in the rubbish.
Fried rice is a great way to make a delicious, quick meal. Next time you cook up a batch, swap the soy sauce for a little sugar and salt instead to get the perfect flavour combination.
Fresh chilies are delicious, but once roasted they take on a whole new flavour — one that’s perfect for tons of dishes. In this video, the cooking maestros at America’s Test Kitchen explain how easy it is to roast large chilies like poblanos and anaheims, or even a ton of peppers at once, in the oven.
If you don’t like how butter turns brown and can burn before you get a chance to cook in it, add a tablespoon of oil to the pan, as Julia Child shows us in this chicken sauteing video.