Top Stories feature
- Ask LH: Will Smoking Ruin My Looks If I'm 'Hot'?
- What's The Best Area To Pursue A Career In IT?
- Cheat Sheet: How To Decipher The Autralian Federal Budget
- BYOD? Why Not Bring-Your-Own-Team?
- How A 'Non-IT Guy' Improved Origin Energy With Shadow IT
- Why I Refuse To Feel Guilty For Torrenting Game Of Thrones
Dear Lifehacker, I’ve been a smoker since I was 14. I’m now 22 and I consider myself to be smoking hot (pun intended). I’ve heard that cigarettes can age you prematurely, but judging by the photos I’ve seen, most of these people were pretty rough to begin with! Will smoking really ruin my good looks, or will I just go from a 9 to an 8.5? (I whiten my teeth professionally, so that’s not a problem.)
Lethal autonomous weapons (or killer robots as the media likes to call them) was the subject of intense discussion in the corridors and committee rooms of the United Nations in Geneva. The international talking shop played host to the third round of multilateral talks on this topic. The meeting followed on from increasing concerns about the rapid progress being made in areas like artificial intelligence (AI) and robotics. Stephen Hawking, Elon Musk, Bill Gates and others have expressed concern about the direction these technologies may be taking us.