Top Stories Australian Stories
- How Budget Cuts Have Increased The Risk Of Cyber-Attacks In Australia
- Takeaway Truth: McDonald's McFeast Burger
- Why Switching From Signatures To PINs Won't Stop Credit Card Fraud
- How Big Data Can Help Fix Medical Research
- How To Use Social Media To Grow Your New Business
- How The Tech Industry Can Attract More Female Employees
IKEA is a cruel and fickle creator. After brutally killing off the Expedit shelf in February, the Swedish furniture mogul has decided to consign the Galant desk to the same fate. Production of the Galant has already ceased, with the desk expected to be completely phased out by October. Like the Expedit, the Galant is one of IKEA’s most popular — and hackable — furniture items. To commemorate its passing, here are a few of our favourite Galant hacks — get one while you still have the chance!
You’d struggle to argue that this year’s budget cuts to funding for CSIRO and universities are going to give Australia any kind of advantage in science. It seems that anti-science agenda could also have a direct impact on our ability to deal with online attacks.