Top Stories Australian Stories
- How Often Do Australia's Streaming Services Refresh Their Content?
- Why Science Funding Should Go To People, Not Projects
- How To Hack Your Entire Life With Vegemite
- Lifehacker 101: How To Choose The Right VPN In Australia
- How Heavily Do You Consider Gender Issues When Designing Icons?
- Telstra's Nationwide Wi-Fi Network Launches On Tuesday
Prominent American biologist Ronald Germain has recently published a remarkable suggestion about research funding in the top bioscience journal Cell. He argues for a switch from a project proposal based system to a people-based system. The phrase you’ll hear a lot more often is “person-not-project”. Here’s how a similar funding model could benefit Australia.
According to a report in the Herald Sun, some of Allen’s most beloved lollies are facing extinction as the company looks to “streamline its portfolio”. Confectionery on the chopping block includes Green Frogs, Marella Jubes, Spearmint Leaves and possibly even Sherbies (no!). The death of these iconic favourites is a stark reminder that the war on sugar is not without its causalities: namely, diehard lolly fans like me.