Top Stories Servers
- P3 Is A WordPress Plug-In That Profiles The Speed Of Other Plug-Ins
- How To Green Up Your Data Centre By Thinking Outside The Box
- How To Make Linux Run Better On Hyper-V
- Gallery: How Corrosion, Algae And Bacteria Can Ruin A Data Centre
- The Best Free Alternatives To DynDNS
- Why The Xbox One Doesn't Use Hyper-V
Australia’s recently-repealed “carbon tax” had a direct impact on power prices, and power is one of the biggest components of data centre operating costs. But if you think that means cloud computing prices are about to fall, think again.
We’ve seen examples of mistakes you can make that will cause your WordPress-powered site run worse… but how about some advice to make it run better? There are a number of simple tweaks you can make, sure, but there’s one thing that will often trump any other improvement — disabling slow plug-ins.
I attended the main Data Center World event in Las Vegas last month and learned a lot from it. So I’m definitely planning to head to the Asia/Pacific version, which takes place in Melbourne from 1-3 September this year.