Top Stories Security
- Linux Security Distros Compared: Tails Vs Kali Vs Qubes
- How Targeted 'Malvertising' Creates New Security Risks
- What The New Metadata Retention Laws Propose
- How To Tap Your Network And See Everything That Happens On It
- Yes, Some ATMs Run Windows, But Don't Panic
- iWorm Hack Shows Macs Are Vulnerable Too
It’s the stuff of nightmares: your intimate images are leaked and posted online by somebody you thought you could trust. But in Australia, victims often have no real legal remedy for this kind of abuse.
Routers often come with easy-to-guess passwords out of the box, which is why you always need to change the default settings. For the wireless network name, many people choose something easy to remember, like your name or your address. If you use that personal information for the network name, you might make a hacker’s job easier.
Sony has been in the news all week after its corporate servers were comprehensively hacked. But it’s hard to give the electronics giant a pass mark for security when it turns out that staff were storing passwords in unencrypted files with names like ‘Master Password List’.