Top Stories Security
- When Does Google Hand Over Your Data To Governments?
- What Metadata Does The Government Want About You?
- 24 Key Network Threats To Watch Out For Right Now
- A Complete IT Security Approach Summarised In Nine Pictures
- Scan Your WordPress Themes And Plug-Ins For Suspicious Code
- What Would The Tech Requirements For Metadata Retention Be?
Over at Kotaku, my colleague Mark has the story of how EA-owned Australian games studio Firemonkeys shut down its forums after they were taken offline by a hacker.
We recently covered Microsoft’s lesser-known Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) that adds protection against malware. Microsoft recently upgraded it to version 5.0 with even more protection against Internet nasties.
They are out there… or should that be “they are in and around your network?” Yes, at any moment in time, they may infest your network, putting your data at risk; ticking time-bombs waiting to explode, configurations ripe for exploit. And don’t forget those decisions made in the heat of the moment that, had rational thought prevailed, would never have been permitted.