Top Stories Deployment
- Why You Should Always Double-Check Your Sources
- What's New In Windows 8.1: Start Button, Search Changes, Resizable Apps
- Why I Kept Checking Work Email On Holidays
- Why The Windows Blue Start Button Debate Doesn't Really Matter
- Why Software Interoperability Is Crucial For Managing Natural Disasters
- V8 Supercars' Winding Road Into The Cloud
Chrome: In the workplace, emails and chatrooms are often stored permanently, which isn’t helpful if you want to ask a colleague if they really had a sick day or not. O.T.R. (Off The Record) is a Chrome extension that creates non-permanent conversations, with messages vanishing after you read them.
I recently enjoyed a week off work. Popular advice suggests that on such occasions you should set an appropriate out-of-office message, ignore your email and completely disconnect from work concerns. But that’s not what I did. Every morning I took time to go through my email (and go through my RSS feeds). This is why.