Top Stories Deployment
- Why I Kept Checking Work Email On Holidays
- Why The Windows Blue Start Button Debate Doesn't Really Matter
- Why Software Interoperability Is Crucial For Managing Natural Disasters
- V8 Supercars' Winding Road Into The Cloud
- Windows Blue 101: What We Know So Far
- Will Privacy Laws Ruin Your Big Data Plans?
I recently enjoyed a week off work. Popular advice suggests that on such occasions you should set an appropriate out-of-office message, ignore your email and completely disconnect from work concerns. But that’s not what I did. Every morning I took time to go through my email (and go through my RSS feeds). This is why.
Dear Lifehacker, I’d like to get all of my papers, bills and receipts under control, but hate the idea of having a big scanner on my desk. I’ve been looking at duplex document scanners (the bar- shaped sort), but I can’t really find much information, or a scanner within a reasonable price range ($300 is too much in my opinion). Any suggestions? Thanks, Paperless Dream
News about the forthcoming Windows Blue update continues to trickle out ahead of its expected public debut on 26 June. Microsoft today confirmed that the update will, as predicted, be known as Windows 8.1. It also bought some more welcome news: there won’t be any charge for the update.