Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: Watch the 2017 Australia Day lamb ad, Volta launches wooden PC desktop, a bittersweet farewell to the Nintendo Wii.
- This year's Australia Day lamb ad is the best yet, and celebrates the nation's humour and diversity. Watch it here.
- By most people's reckoning — and ways a reckoning in this business can be determined — the Wii U has been a failure. Join Kotaku for a bittersweet sendoff.
- So it turns out the Government knew Centrelink data-matching was terrible but still scrapped human checking anyway. The age of entitlement is over, remember. Business Insider has the story.
- Your appendix may not be as useless as you think. Gizmodo drops its science on those assembled.
- The Volta V is the first commercially-produced, handcrafted wooden computer and, if you have the cash, it can pack some serious gaming power. Head to Kotaku for specs and images.
- The entire cast of Arrested Development will return for a new season. Business Insider has the details.