Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: Watch Red Bull and GoPro's epic 4K snowboarding movie, confessions of a 30-year old D&D virgin, could the rotary engine be making a comeback?
- Your name is Thor. You save the world. Then what? You retire to an apartment in Australia. You get really bored. You get a roommate called Darryl.
- "My name is Alex and I’m almost 30 years old. I’ve never played a proper game of Dungeons & Dragons. Until recently.
- We live in a world of planned obsolescence. Not only are our devices designed to fail, they’re designed to stop you from fixing them when they do. This is the story of one man's quest to repair his busted tablet.
- The Australian dollar is under pressure as US rate hike expectations lift. Business Insider reports.
- The Fourth Phase is a 4K sports documentary that follows Travis Rice’s snowboarding travels around the world -- from North America to the Japanese Alps and anywhere in between. It looks incredible. Just sit back and watch this 150 second trailer in all its beauty.
- A new report out of Japan suggests the rotary engine, loved by enthusiasts for its distinctive brap-brap sound and driveability, might make a return — in a new Mazda RX-9 at the beginning of the next decade. Gizmodo has the story.