Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: The 16 most horrible alternate realities, 15 people who have kicked Batman's arse, why women beach volleyball players wear bikinis at the Olympics.
- There's a simple reason women beach volleyball players wear bikinis at the Olympics. Business Insider gives the skinny.
- Movies, TV shows and video games are filled with bleak alternate realities that make the one we all live in feel like a walk in the park. Gizmodo has ranked 16 of the most horrible.
- Batman is one of the toughest characters in the DC universe -- but that doesn't mean he doesn't get his arse kicked on occasion. Here are 15 people who sent the Caped Crusader crying to mummy's gravestone.
- A federal judge on Friday overturned the conviction of Brendan Dassey, one of two men serving life sentences for the 2005 murder of 25-year-old Teresa Halbach. Business Insider investigates how this ruling could affect Steven Avery's case.
- You all need to read this: I Ate My Tooth And God I Wish That Was The Worst Part Of This Story.