Reader Alec used a little Übersicht magic to make his mac a little more welcoming when he sits down to work, and informative when he gets up to leave it. Here’s how he set everything up.
Übersicht is a helpful utility that we’ve highlighted before as a lightweight alternative to something heavier, like GeekTool. It’s the backbone of this setup, but if you’d like to duplicate it yourself, here’s everything you’ll need:
- The Beautiful Christmas Tree wallpaper by Massima Bianchi
- The Übersicht, an OS X customisation suite we love, with widgets (blur, inspirational quotes, morning clock, and weather widgets)
- cDock, a utility that gives you complete customisation control over your Dock
- Bartender 2, to rearrange and tweak the menubar icons
- The Yosemite Coloured Icons Pack by BlackVariant
Beyond that, Alec is running El Capitan’s dark theme. With the pieces together, that’s all there is to it. Of course, if you’re having trouble with the setup, or looking for those specific Übersicht widgets and can’t find them, head over to Alec’s kinja post (linked below) to ask your questions and learn more about how he set everything up!
Winter Cottage Desktop [Alec]
The Cheapest NBN 50 Plans
Here are the cheapest plans available for Australia’s most popular NBN speed tier.