Job interviews are a two-way street, and while a future employer will typically spend the bulk of the time during an interview asking you questions, it’s good to ask some questions yourself. 99u has 12 questions worth asking.
Figuring out if a company is a good fit for you is tougher than it seems. Here’s a few questions that can help you figure that out:
- What’s the biggest thing you’re working on solving right now?
- How does this job currently get done?
- What could I do immediately to make your job easier?
- What’s your morning schedule, and what time do you wake up in the morning?
- If I could free up time for you to do anything, what would you do with that free time, personally or professionally?
- What else are you learning right now?
- What would your last five hires say about the company?
- Who are your most recent hires, and have hired not worked out?
- How would you feel about me taking risks and experimenting with new processes, if the work results showed up and improved over time?
- What’s the biggest obstacle you’re facing in fulfilling this positions?
- If you’re being honest, what’s the biggest hesitancy about adding me to your team, and what could I do to alleviate this?
- What could I do to delight or surprise you?
Obviously, you don’t want to ask all of these questions, but it’s good to have a few stocked up so you can get the most of an interview. If that’s not enough, here are five more worthwhile questions to ask. Head over to 99u for a bit more about the reasoning behind each question.
The Cheapest NBN 50 Plans
Here are the cheapest plans available for Australia’s most popular NBN speed tier.