Mac: Photoshop alternative Pixelmator just received a major update, with new tools and features to make editing images much easier. These include smart shape tools, a new paint selection tool and new palettes.
Pixelmator is like a lighter, faster version of Photoshop, and worth another look especially now that Adobe is killing the Creative Suite and going subscription only. The Pixelmator 2.2 update includes these big changes:
• Smart Shape Tools: Quickly adjust shapes’ outlines with easy-to-use controls to get just the look you’re after
• Custom Shapes palette: Packed with dozens of readily available shapes that are as easy to add as dragging and dropping
• Shape Style palette: Effortlessly create more polished, advanced shapes with the new Fill, Stroke Style, Shadow and Inner Shadow features
• Smart Move Tool: Knows when you are working with image or shape layers and gives you the options you need at that time
• New Paint Selection Tool: The simplest and fastest way to make even challenging selections in your images with just a few brush strokes
• New Light Leak Effect: Makes it easy and fun to create stunning, retro-artistically illuminated images from any of your photos
Need more convincing? Pixelmator is still just $16 (discounted 50 per cent since last November), compared to the hundreds Photoshop costs.
Check it out at the Mac App Store.