Mac: Photoshop alternative Pixelmator just received a major update, with new tools and features to make editing images much easier. These include smart shape tools, a new paint selection tool and new palettes.
Pixelmator is like a lighter, faster version of Photoshop, and worth another look especially now that Adobe is killing the Creative Suite and going subscription only. The Pixelmator 2.2 update includes these big changes:
• Smart Shape Tools: Quickly adjust shapes’ outlines with easy-to-use controls to get just the look you’re after
• Custom Shapes palette: Packed with dozens of readily available shapes that are as easy to add as dragging and dropping
• Shape Style palette: Effortlessly create more polished, advanced shapes with the new Fill, Stroke Style, Shadow and Inner Shadow features
• Smart Move Tool: Knows when you are working with image or shape layers and gives you the options you need at that time
• New Paint Selection Tool: The simplest and fastest way to make even challenging selections in your images with just a few brush strokes
• New Light Leak Effect: Makes it easy and fun to create stunning, retro-artistically illuminated images from any of your photos
Need more convincing? Pixelmator is still just $16 (discounted 50 per cent since last November), compared to the hundreds Photoshop costs.
Check it out at the Mac App Store.
The Cheapest NBN 50 Plans
Here are the cheapest plans available for Australia’s most popular NBN speed tier.