Today's featured desktop combines some gorgeous black and white photography with just enough colour and an arc-shaped heads-up display in the centre to create a desktop that's both informative and attractive. Flickr user Dennis Vu built this desktop, with the time front and centre, and feeds, chat, mail and system performance around the edges. Combined it's a perfect arrangement of aesthetic and informative.
Want the same look for your desktop? Here's what you'll need:
- The Velocity wallpaper from InterfaceLift.
- The Windows 7 Start Button Changer and KingMoeha's Token Orb
- Rainmeter and the Enigma theme to embed the date, weather and widgets on the desktop
- The Arcs add-on for Rainmeter
- The 10 Foot Hud add-on for Rainmeter
If you're an OS X or Linux user, you should be able to use GeekTool or Conky (respectively) to recreate the desktop customisations in this look for your operating system of choice. If you do, be sure to share it in the comments!
August Desktop [Flickr]