Top Stories science
- What Scientists Can Learn From Pseudoscience
- The 10 Stuff-Ups We All Make When Interpreting Research
- Why Stupid People Are More Confident About Their (Lack Of) Knowledge
- How To Trick Yourself Into Eating Less
- Cooking Oils To Eat And Avoid
- Seven 'Great' Teaching Methods That Aren't Backed Up By Evidence
It’s now late spring, with summer just around the corner, and many people with hay fever suffer at this time of year in Australia. Although the cause of this suffering is invisible to us, it is actually all around us — plant pollen floating in the air.
Many of us have been told that writing things down can help us learn more effectively, but learning and remembering aren’t always the same thing. Your notes can actually act like a crutch, and when they’re gone, you might find you don’t remember anything at all.
Humility can be a positive trait, but it’s not just a matter of virtue. A good dose of humility can make you more attractive to others, and help you maintain those romantic relationships.
It’s hard to know what to expect when you’re expecting, but there’s no need to expect these well-known misconceptions. Here’s the truth behind some of the biggest myths out there that future mothers and their partners ought to know.