Top Stories motivation
- How I Built Better Habits With Calendar Appointments
- The Best Way To Recover After An All-Nighter
- Why You Should Be Tracking Your Habits (And How To Do It Well)
- How To Recover From An Unproductive Day Like It Never Happened
- How To Use Your Temptations To Build Better Habits
- How To Overcome Workload Paralysis And Get Back Into Action
Humans are prolific procrastinators. It’s easy to make plans and throw dates on your calendar, and yet it’s practically inevitable that you’ll let some deadlines fly by with reckless abandon. Our brains simply prefer instant rewards to long-term payoffs. Given this tendency, we often have to resort to crazy strategies to get things done.
Think of role-playing games where we spend hours levelling up our character so we can slay dragons and complete world-changing missions. You start out with just a cloth tunic and a rusted dagger, but eventually you build yourself into an unstoppable force. Why not approach your life goals the same way?