Top Stories Health
- All The First Aid Stuff That's Changed Since You First Learned It
- Microsoft Band 2 Is Out This Week: Here's How It Stacks Up
- When Low Kilojoule Foods Actually Screw Your Diet
- Eight Delicious Takeaway Dishes That Aren't As Unhealthy As You Think
- How To Improve Your Character Stats And Level Up In Real Life
- Hunter S. Thompson's Best Life Tips
“Stop pitying yourself, people have it worse, you should be grateful.” You’ve probably heard this before, and it’s some of the most cliché, unhelpful advice around. When gratitude is inspired by guilt, obligation, or shame, that’s not gratitude at all. True gratitude is a practical tool that serves a number of purposes beyond the after school special fluff of being thankful for what you have.
For a (thankfully) hot minute, planks reached viral status when everyone tried to “plank” on ridiculous surfaces. In fitness, planks are a legit ab exercise, but there’s no need to treat them as the “one ab exercise to rule them all.” You might be better off with push-ups, which are basically leveled-up planks.
Decades of public health messages have encouraged us to drink milk to strengthen our bones and reduce the risk of fractures as we age. But dairy products have recently come under fire – and not just from paleo dieters and animal welfare supporters. Researchers have linked high milk intakes to bone fractures, cancer and premature ageing.