Top Stories Career
- The Top 5 Things Hiring Managers Look For On Social Media
- A Technique For The 'What's Your Greatest Weakness' Question
- Use Neuroscience To Be A Better Manager And Innovator
- Apparently, No-One Ever Gets Sacked
- Top 5 Strategies To Advance As A Project Manager
- Six Questions That Will Ease Your Mind Before An Interview
Business conferences have a reputation for being dry, stuffy and uninspiring. However, they can occasionally go too far in the opposite direction too. This Continuum Marketing Services presentation about social media includes singing, dancing and white-guy rapping. It is quite possibly the worst thing you will ever see.
Dear Lifehacker, I’ve been in my job for a long time now, I’m good at what I do, and I get great reviews from my boss and my coworkers, so when a senior-level opening appeared in our group, I figured I would get it when our boss picked the person for the job. He picked someone else, and I’m kind of angry about it. Should I be? Should I take this as a message and quit? How should I react?
Your personality and how you fit into a company’s culture could be even more important than the skills you possess. One survey of employers found the top personality traits they look for when hiring — and some of them are ones interviewers can spot as soon as you walk through the door.