Top Stories Career
- How To Deal With A 'Drive-By' Manager That's Never Around
- IT: Where The Money Is Spent And The Best Jobs To Seek
- Make Room For Your Passion, Even If It Can't Be Your Job
- What To Do When You Miss A Deadline At Work
- How To Tell Your Boss You're Unhappy At Work
- IT Salaries In Australia: As Flat As A Pancake
Picture this: Your boss stops by your desk and casually lists a half-dozen things you need to get done. Your boss then vanishes before you have time to ask clarifying questions. That’s the dreaded drive-by manager. They may mean well (or they may not), but you’ll need to adapt, adjust and “manage up”. Here are a few ways to do that.