Top Stories IT Pro
- Why We're Bad At Dealing With Insider Security Threats
- How Budget Cuts Increased Australian Cyber-Security Risks
- How Big Data Can Help Fix Medical Research
- How The Tech Industry Can Attract More Female Employees
- The Five Worst Things About Working In IT Support
- Don't Be Scared Of Using Git As A General Purpose Backup Solution
You’d struggle to argue that this year’s budget cuts to funding for CSIRO and universities are going to give Australia any kind of advantage in science. It seems that anti-science agenda could also have a direct impact on our ability to deal with online attacks.
At its most basic, Plex is an app that lets you stream media from your desktop to any other device, whether you’re using a phone or a tablet or another computer. But it’s slowly become an entire ecosystem of media management across virtually every platform you could think of.
The big headline addition in Windows Phone 8.1 Update is an alpha of the Cortana voice assistant for Australian users, and many of the other features such as folders are aimed at individual users. For IT managers, a more interesting potential inclusion is Apps Corner, a cut-down approach to mobile device management (MDM).
When Microsoft launched its Cortana voice recognition assistant for Windows Phone at Build earlier this year, we were disappointed that it wasn’t available in Australia. That will change soon: as of next week, an alpha version of Cortana for Australia will become available to Windows Phone Developers.